Sunday 30 April 2017

Hello, come in, take a seat. Would you like a cup of tea?

Well hello there. Welcome to my wee blog.
So you probably want to know a bit about me. So let's get started...
I have been a journalist in Northern Ireland for just over fourteen years (terrifying!!) 
I started life in the Ulster Star newspaper in Lisburn. This is my hometown newspaper and something of an institution and I am so proud to have worked there. 
 
Changes in our company mean that I now write for all of Johnston Press weekly papers, as well as our daily the Belfast News Letter - this is the oldest continuously published English language newspaper in the world. Did you know that? I don't think they mention it much 😉



Now I have the absolute pleasure of looking after the entertainments sections in our weekly newspapers and we recently launched a new entertainments section in the News Letter 'The Guide'. 
I am delighted to be working on it with some of the best female journalists in Northern Ireland - Laura McMullan is our wonderful editor, and Kathryn McKenna, Una Culkin, and I fill the pages. If you haven't checked it out yet, why not??!
 
Now I have been inspired by the fabulous bloggers I have met on various press outings to enter into the online world all be myself. 
Please be patient while I get started and definitely let me know if there are any events you would like me to cover.
I am a regular at the theatre, concerts, shows and launches so I will keep you up to date with what is happening out there and what you should, and shouldn't, be spending your hard earned money on.
Juls  xx    

No comments:

Post a Comment